Are you looking for a tasty vegan cake for the next birthday party? Than that’s the cake you are waiting for. My rice pudding cake consits of a oreo crust, a rice pudding base, a grape glaze and berries, mint and oreos on top.
Ingredients for a 16 cm ∅ cake:
For the crust:
- 18 oreos (about 200 g)
- 50 g plant-based butter
For the rice pudding base:
- 125 g risotto rice
- 500 ml plant-based milk (e.g. almond drink)
- 30 g raw cane sugar or xylit
- 20 g plant-based butter
For the grape glaze:
- 250 ml red grape juice
- 8 g agar agar
- fresh or frozen berries
- Put oreos and butter into a food processor and blend a few minutes.
- Press the mixture into a cake pan.
- In a large pan, combine milk, sugar and butter. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Add the risotto rice and let cook for about 30 minutes. Stir well.
- Let cool down and pour onto the cookie crust.
- In a pan, combine grape juice with agar agar. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Let cook for at least 2 minutes. Let cool down a bit and pour onto the rice pudding layer.
- Refrigerate and top it with berries, mint and oreos afterwards.